EighthRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first Article: Why young voters are backing Barack Obama

3 posters

Go down

My first Article: Why young voters are backing Barack Obama Empty My first Article: Why young voters are backing Barack Obama

Post by Admin Of God Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 pm

This is my first article so please bear with me:)

Why young voters are backing Barack Obama
By Emanuel Matz

Many young voters are backing Obama due to the fact that we think we have a voice through this leader. Before Barack Obama young voters stood along the sidelines and didn’t participate in any type of voting. We are seeing that change. According to the recent polls in the South Carolina, Obama carried the most votes for 18-29 years olds, our youngest population. I think that is the case since our generation is the most recent one having the ability to vote, we have heard the stories and see first hand what our current government is like. So since Obama stands for change he has the young voters backing him for that idea. We want change. As Obama said in his winning speech on Carolina:
We're looking to fundamentally change the status quo in Washington," Obama said. "And right now, that status quo is fighting back with everything it's got; with the same old tactics that divide and distract us from solving the problems people face."
"We are up against the idea that it's acceptable to say anything and do anything to win an election," Obama said. "We know that this is exactly what's wrong with our politics. This is why people don't believe what their leaders say anymore. This is why they tune out. And this election is our chance to give the American people a reason to believe again."
“The assumption that young people are apathetic" and "the assumption that African-Americans can't support the white candidate; whites can't support the African-American candidate; blacks and Latinos can't come together."
During this speech the crowd kept on ‘Yes We Can’. This is just a small sample of how Obama is affecting the people. Obama stands for change, and that is what our young voters want. The ability to change the stereotype about them being ‘apathetic’ as Obama so kindly put it. That is the truth. The young voters stand for change and that is what we are going to get by backing Obama. The young voters also have many resources at their disposal due to high end technology, such as the internet. This gives the young voters the ability to keep track of current events such as the Presidential Election, and all of its polls, and articles. Young voters now have the ability to track the Election with a new fervor then ever before.
In Obama’s words
Yes We Can.
Admin Of God
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

https://eighthrealm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My first Article: Why young voters are backing Barack Obama Empty Re: My first Article: Why young voters are backing Barack Obama

Post by fire_elf20 Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:41 pm

i agree much
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

My first Article: Why young voters are backing Barack Obama Empty Re: My first Article: Why young voters are backing Barack Obama

Post by Dralo Mon May 05, 2008 11:59 am

yeah uhm, hillary supports ABORTION and is a COMMUNIST. that is all.
Dralo
Dralo
Council Warlord
Council Warlord

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down