From Corneria to Venom

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: From Corneria to Venom

Post by Faclan on Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:01 am

(Admin the one going after Cal's guy you would easily be able to see was not the one you were working with, Marcus is back at the merc headquaters, waiting for his ship to be repaired.)
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithlin on Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:30 am

After a few hours Red's ship had finally entered into the docking garage of the space station. Red pressed a small green button on his control panel to release his cargo. Four locking mechanisms simultaneously hissed and pulled out, dropping the full 122 ton cargo attachment. Red sighed with relief; the virtual gravity within the space station was making his ship buckle. Red was used to space drop offs, or high-speed drop offs on a planet where the gravity would only affect his ship momentarily. Because of the prolonged and slow descent into the garage main floor Red was afraid the Cargo Hold may have just ripped itself off due to the weight. Red shrugged it off, wondering why his mind was wandering so much. Red slowly set his ship down next to his cargo. Just as Red jumped out of his cockpit he was greeted by a small hare. "This all of it?" he asked, "My uncle asked for 80 tonnes, this looks like it couldn't be more than 70."
Red stared down at the young hare, or was it a rabbit? Red couldn't tell the difference. "You even know what this ore is boy?" Red replied, "This stuff is chuck-full of mercury; and that stuff is heavy!" After a long silence Red grabbed the hare's clipboard and signed it. Red turned the clipboard over and held his hand over a built-in scanner on the back.
With a beep and a click the clipboard acknowledged the signing with a short "Thank you, Red Smith for your transaction."
Red breathed out a sigh. "As per the agreement your uncle has two days to fully transfer the funds into my account, plus that bonus he mentioned," Red said, "and he better not fake his death like the last guy I dealt with did... I'll get the money from his will, that contract alters it for my financial protection." Red snapped his fingers at a mechanic to fix his rig while he headed into a bar on the station.
Calithlin
Council Titan
Council Titan

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:55 pm

((OOC: Just post everyone going to a planet and i'll meetcha guys there))

Anakin Skywalker
Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion -- which I would define as…unconditional love -- is essential to a Jedi's life. So, you might say that we are encouraged to love.

Mace Windu
This party's over.
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile http://eighthrealm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Faclan on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:07 am

A small beeping brought Marcus from his lamentations as he looked down at his wrist. Tapping a small button he looked as a small message scrolled over the screen. "Meet new employer at Fichina's arctic bar." Shrugged Marcus slipped his dagger out of the bad and sheathed it again on a hidden slot on his boot. Walking back to his room he swapped his normal jacket for one with a hood and walked back toward the hanger. Slipping his pistol from his holster he replaced it in a hidden pocket in his new poofy jacket. Smiling slightly at his new 'commoner' look he boarded a small shuttle that the mercs had stolen a few weeks ago and headed toward the planet.
Soon the shuttle joined in with the normal shipping lane, and didn't even get a second glance as he headed toward Fichina. Settling down nicely at the landing port Marcus got up and headed for the bar where he had been told to meet the employer. But a sight caused him to stop and backtrack very fast. Looking out at the dock next to him he saw the birds ship. A small smile crept over his face as now he knew the bird was here. But he couldn't deal with him until he got his new assignment.
Pulling his hood over his head he walked toward the bar. Flashing his ID to the badge, which showed his name as Alex Harper, he walked into the bar. Looking for not just his employer, but the bird aswell....
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithlin on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:42 pm

After a few hours in the cantina and half a meal, Red's wrist-mounted communicator flashed; the transaction had been complete. Red's brows lifted as he saw the numbers running through, over a 43% bonus to an already considerable fortune. Red rubbed his feathers together in excitement. He thought to himself momentarily, now I can finally add that fifth wing onto the base! Red looked up from his table and flagged down the bartender, then pointed to his plate. "To go! The credits are on the table," he said. The bartender nodded back in acknowledgement. Stuffing his assorted nuts, pasta, and bread into a bag, Red headed for the cantina's exit, pondering to himself all the things he could add to his ship and base back in Meteo.
Calithlin
Council Titan
Council Titan

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faclan on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Looking around at the crowded cantina Marcus couldn't see the lizard he was supposed to meet(Could be Jade's guy, I don't mind.). But near the back he saw the unmistakable color of the birds feathers. He was just getting up, singling a waiter that he was done. Marcus grinned slightly as the bird turned around, and Marcus quickly looked away, seeming to be pondering what to eat on while looking at the menu on the wall. But as soon as he was sure the bird had left he turned and followed him out. His simple cloths helping him blend in nicely. But Marcus didn't make any move toward the bird yet. He knew that if he tried anything in a place this crowded, the station security would be on him almost instantly. Following a little behind the bird the crowds soon thinned out. Marcus would have to make his move soon. Just near to the entrance to the docks he sped up his pace to catch up with the bird, his hand edging toward the pistol hidden in his jacket. He would have to stop the bird before the docks, the security would be very high there. Just before the bird reached the entrance to the docks Marcus tapped him lightly on the shoulder. He didn't know if the bird would recognize him, but the smirk the weasel had was hard to forget. Just to make sure the bird didn't try to run Marcus had positioned himself so the pistol in his hand was only visible to the bird when he turned around.
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithlin on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:21 pm

Feeling the tap on his shoulder, Red looked up somethin' fall on me..? Seeing nothing above him, Red shrugged, then he realized where he was going... to the bathroom! Red held his wings over his crotch for a moment then squinted. He was in luck! Just to his left and ahead of him was a bathroom... then again he may have been having bad luck after all... employees only!? Damn! Red shifted his eyes, then grabbed the handle to the bathroom and rushed in to relieve himself. However, the sign wasn't kidding! As soon as he was a few steps in alarms started blaring all around the entrance. Red had to think fast if he was to avoid a fine; he looked for someone ahead of him to blame, no one! The guards would be here any moment... who could he blame!?
Calithlin
Council Titan
Council Titan

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faclan on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:10 pm

Looking strangely at the bird as he looked up Marcus couldn't believe this birds stupidity. But he would pay for it soon enough. Reaching out to grab the bird he just started running toward the door marked employees only when Marcus almost had him. Grumbling he ran after the bird as he stumbled back wards out of the door alarms Blaring. Grabbing the birds shoulder he spun around and pushed him into the wall, now holding his gun between the birds eyes. "I'm sure you remember me." He said, still with that same smirk. Looking around at the flashing he lights he shrugged slightly. "Seems security will be here any second, guess I'll have to kill you quickly then, shame, I was hoping to make you suffer." He said as he started to pull the trigger back...

(Sorry if its shorter, I had Little time.)
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithlin on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Red raised a brow, as he began stammering; Red had completely no idea who this person was. Red looked around and then half-smiled. Staring right into his assailant’s eyes, Red spoke slow and plainly, "But if you kill me now... you’ll never know where the treasure of one thousand suns is buried..."
Calithlin
Council Titan
Council Titan

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faclan on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:19 pm

At the mention of treasure the trigger stopped being pulled back, just before the deadly bolt of energy would blow the birds skull apart. But just as soon as he stopped the weasel tightened his grip on the birds neck to hold his head in place as he drove the gun harder in his forehead. "Do you really think I'm that stupid parrot? No, and now I can pay you back for almost destroying my ship." His smile widening the weasel started to pull the trigger back again.
But his momentary stop to talk meant that the station security rounded the corner to see a weasel holding a bird at gunpoint. "Drop your gun weasel, or we will use lethal force." Swearing Marcus didn't lower his gun, just stood next the wall, his gun still at Red's head...
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithlin on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:34 pm

Red stopped squirming for a moment, then replied in a high-pitched and raspy voice from the choking, "Ooooh, you're that guy!" he blurted. Red looked to his left for a moment, then he jerked his head back, causing his beak to push the weasel's pistol up just slightly enough to be out of the way of his face. While doing so, Red let his feet slip under himself, the weight of his fall accompanied with being held at the neck caused the weasel to trip foreword on top of the hawk. Instinctively, Red pulled out his own blaster and pointed it towards his adversary. "Looks like we may be at a stalemate... you crazy pirate," he said as the two were on top of each other on the floor, guards all around them.
Calithlin
Council Titan
Council Titan

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faclan on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Marcus, who had his eyes on the guards as they formed a semi-circle around him and his prey, didn't see the bird move his head away from his gun. He only looked back when he felt his hand move. But it was already to late, the bird had pushed his gun to far. His eyes widening as he fell forward he had to admit this bird wasn't stupid. But his hand, now pushed away, hit the wall as he fell, and his gun was knocked out of his hand. But before he hit the ground Marcus reached down to his boot and swiftly drew the knife out of his boot. Grunting as he hit the floor all the guards started forward, but stopped when they saw the flash of steel in the weasel paws as he held his dagger to Red's throat. "Indeed Parrot.....such a unfortunate situation."
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithlin on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:05 pm

Red squinted a little, then looked toward his shin; "you know... you're knee is pushing on my Mining Laser-Pick... if you don't get up its liable to cut both our legs off," he said. Waiting for the weasel to move, Red poked his side a little with his blaster "Come on, get a moving... and don't try and slit me while you're at it, that'll just be me die'n nice 'n fast while you die from the gut wound after a week in the infirm." After a moment red said one last thing before he waited for the weasel; "and I am a hawk for Pete’s sake!"
Calithlin
Council Titan
Council Titan

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:38 pm

((I am fast forwarding my guy through time))

Blizter jumped out of his ship and softly landed on the ground. He made sure all his weapons were loadedin case something happened. Blizter walked into the building labeled Cantenna. He looked around the dmimly lit room for the guy he was supposed to meet, where are you he mubmled to himself and slowly walked around the tables searching.

Anakin Skywalker
Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion -- which I would define as…unconditional love -- is essential to a Jedi's life. So, you might say that we are encouraged to love.

Mace Windu
This party's over.
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithlin on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:04 pm

((Just to be clear, the cantina is in a space station... in *space*))
Calithlin
Council Titan
Council Titan

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:22 pm

((Whoops hehehhe))

Anakin Skywalker

Mace Windu
This party's over.
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Faclan on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:27 pm

(Its alright, so you gona interact with us??)
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:28 pm

((Yeah, I was looking around the bar, have your guy see mine and do something))

Anakin Skywalker

Mace Windu
This party's over.
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Faclan on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:42 am

(Well we are both quiet a long way from the cantina, near the ship docks of the station.)

Even though the weasel expression was cool and calculated on the outside. On the inside he was really panicking. He couldn't see any way to get out of dieing, or at least going to prison...If he let the bird go he would be thrown in jail, if he killed the bird he would be shot by him and by all the security around him. Looking down at the birds leg he couldn't help but admit he was right. Pressing the edge of the dagger a little harder against his neck, preening some of his neck feathers as he did, as he shifted his legs off the bird. But he still held his dagger against his throat. Looking up at the security he glared at them. "One more step and he dies!" He hissed between his teeth as he desperately looked out of his peripheral vision for any avenue of escape, the security standing their ground, while he wracked his brain for a plan....
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:25 am

(Ok, I will help you out then)

Blizter saw no sign of the guy he was looking for so he left the Cantina. When Blizter stepped outside he heard a stomp of many footfalls and then nothing. Wondering what was going on Blizter follwed what he had heard and came upon a Weasel holding a dagger to a birds neck surrounded by guards. Blizter was trying ot forulate a plan when it hit him. That is my employer, I got to help him. Blizter loaded all the guns he carried on his person. Sneaking back toward his ship Blizter opened the hatch, walked in, leaned down and took something off of the floor. He left with a very bulky package. Blizter walked in a large circle (about 100 yards around) around the group of guards and slowly placed proximaty mines along the circles edge.
Blizter set all the mines and sensor bombs, and ran away from the group of guards to a small pile of cargo about 100 yards away. Blizter pulled free his sniper rifle from his shoulder and pointed it at the small group, waiting for some kind of signal.......

Last edited by Admin Of God on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anakin Skywalker

Mace Windu
This party's over.
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeTrickster on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Soran growled in impatience. He was supposed to meet a weasel here 5 minutes ago. Where is he? he thought. I can't afford to wait any longer. I'll have to get another hired knife to assist me. Walking away from his table, he casually tossed the money and the change for the drink onto the table. Glancing around, he continued toward the hangar bay. While he was walking, he saw a wolf setting up.....PROXIMITY MINES?!!? Staring in horror, Soran rushed toward the wolf, just in time to hear his ultimatum. Soran recognized both the weasel and the hawk surrounded by gaurds. Taking a stun blaster, Soran pointed it toward the obviously deranged wolf, and spoke slowly and clearly, in a soothing voice. "It's okay. Just disarm the mines, and we can all see the next day without to much harm done."

Last edited by JadeTrickster on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

I sometimes hear a litle voice in my head asking me if I have anything better to do with my time. That little voice doesn't have a lot of say, since it insists on playing by the rules.
JadeTrickster
Council Trickster
Council Trickster

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithlin on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Red's attention turned to the chameleon newcomer. Red let loose a wheezing chuckle aloud. "Looks like your companion is helpless to aid you, pirate. You may as well give in, you are outmatched!" Red ruffled his feathers; the floor was becoming increasingly uncomfortable. Red sighed, "You know I've got some business to take care of and this really isn't helping... why don't you just scurry off back to your ship and let’s forget about this whole thing." Red looked back at the chameleon, "Any time now."
Calithlin
Council Titan
Council Titan

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeTrickster on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:58 pm

"Wait." Soran said, looking at the weasel. "I'm supposed to meet a weasel here. Are you that weasel." He then turned to the hawk. "Did you recently bring a load of cargo mined from asteroids?"

I sometimes hear a litle voice in my head asking me if I have anything better to do with my time. That little voice doesn't have a lot of say, since it insists on playing by the rules.
JadeTrickster
Council Trickster
Council Trickster

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faclan on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Gritting his teeth as Marcus finally realized that he had no escape, decided that at least he could kill the bird now, then at least he would have his revenge. Tightening his grip on the knife he was about to drag it slowly across the birds throat when he saw the wolf out of the corner of his eye. Stopping his hand just before he slit the birds throat he watched him set...somthing on the ground far away from him, then walk off. Marcus couldn't tell from this distance what they were, so he brought his attention back to the hawk. Gripping the dagger again he actually moved it this time, cutting a few of the birds neck feathers in half before the Chameleon joined the scene. Stopping him from killing his prey yet again Marcus looked up as he spoke. Then back at the bird as he spoke next. Grunting quietly he slowly rose off the bird, keeping his dagger at his neck before he could reach his pistol. Grabbing his gun he stood up and pointed it at the bird as he walked back wards toward the Chameleon. "I won't forget this hawk, I will kill you one day." Not taking his eyes off the bird he spoke to the lizard. "I am, why did you want to hire me?"
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithlin on Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:26 pm

Red grinned to himself as the weasel rose off from him and backed away. As soon as the weasel's knife was clear of his throat, Red clambered back and up to his feet next to a few of the security guards. With his blaster still pointed at the weasel, Red slowly walked opposite from the weasel and chameleon’s general direction. Once he slowly exited the circle of guards, Red flipped on a switch to turn on his shields for a moment of protection as he sprinted away from the group back toward the garage. Red was unwilling to look back and see if the pattering behind him was guards or his adversaries chasing him. Once he passed through the entrance to the garage, Red was greeted by his associates nephew once more. The hare confronted him and attempted to communicate, "Hey! Just wanted to thank you for your busi--" but he was interrupted as he was pushed to the floor while Red desperately attempted to get through.
"Got'ta go, no time to explain!" Red jumped into his cockpit, geared up, and frantically initiated the engines and shields as he made his way out of the space station, heading as far away as possible in the short time that he had.

((If anyone is wondering why I could go through a door when there were mines around, it was because me and the weasel had been next to a wall the entire time. So actually the guards weren't in a 360 degree circle around us; but rather a 180 degree one. Therefore I was able to go through a door to the garage that was next to the door to the bathroom))

Last edited by Calithlin on Fri May 02, 2008 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calithlin
Council Titan
Council Titan

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

View user profile

Back to top Go down