EighthRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"mutant" the game

5 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

"mutant" the game Empty "mutant" the game

Post by fire_elf20 Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi!
ok if you are interested I will need some feedback here,
I (with much help) have a game I would like to try to run with help from 8 to 15 people I will pick a final number later if this works. the game is mutant. it will be a tool used for helping forward my writing works. but it can be fun as well. I am sure most of you are kind of familiar with D&D and this game has the same basic set up. it is a role playing game that i will be modifying to use in an IM chat setup I will most likely be the GM or game master i have links to online dice rollers ect if you would like to play i will get the details to you.
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

"mutant" the game Empty Re: "mutant" the game

Post by Admin Of God Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:58 pm

That sounds fine. Is this going to be a book? or a RPG book? Please explain. And I would love to join.
Admin Of God
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

https://eighthrealm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:27 pm

i do have a book in progress based on the idea but the game did come first i want to use the game to help me work character reactions ect... to what goes on. do you have msn or yahoo? i have both so let me know and keep your eyes open for anyone else you think might like to play as well
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Faclan Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:06 pm

Sounds Intersting, I'll play.
Faclan
Faclan
Council ShadowStalker
Council ShadowStalker

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:13 am

I guess I will have you start thinking about your characters then, while we wait for a few more.
the year 5296 planet earth but you have almost instant access to others.( i will explain more technology as the game goes on)
you are human
you are "pampered" you have led the good life ( unless you are military there have been a few conflicts with some other races over a world)
average height about 1.9 meters roughly 6'4 or so average weight about 120kg ( dang we humans have gotten big)
life span thanks to longevity drugs about 200 years. - 10 years per child for a female.
pick a job
artist, engineer, electronics, computer expert, ect dont limit yourselves just think of something be creative, pick an age 20-150. under 20 is to young for this and over 150 to old (right now)

after that I will continue ....
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:10 pm

fire_elf20 wrote:I guess I will have you start thinking about your characters then, while we wait for a few more.
the year 5296 planet earth but you have almost instant access to others.( i will explain more technology as the game goes on)
you are human
you are "pampered" you have led the good life ( unless you are military there have been a few conflicts with some other races over a world)
average height about 1.9 meters roughly 6'4 or so average weight about 120kg ( dang we humans have gotten big)
life span thanks to longevity drugs about 200 years. - 10 years per child for a female.
pick a job
artist, engineer, electronics, computer expert, ect dont limit yourselves just think of something be creative, pick an age 20-150. under 20 is to young for this and over 150 to old (right now)

after that I will continue ....

I will start making my character. I am going to play a female by the way. Faclan be ok with it. I play girls:P
Admin Of God
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:42 pm

sounds fine to be I myself have played a several female characters in this game I hope everyone has fun doing this ( i might have a character in it as well as running the game since im familiar enough to do that) question is is he with you or against you?
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:57 pm

Yes would the guy be helping us or not? I must be wary of guy's in the game:)
Admin Of God
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:01 pm

I wont tell you anything before hand other than you have to remember ( i am like God in the game so any character I control both PC( player character) and NPC (non player character) are there for the advancement of the story and my goals. he is just another character as of right now but he might be good might be evil you will have to decide and make sure you treat him like anyone else in the party til you know as this is out of game knowledge ( i will be posting a few basic ground rules in a bit)
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Ok. Is the year based of a major battle like Star Wars or the modern day calender?
Admin Of God
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:19 pm

it is based on modern day calender i should probably put up my timeline as well I will get to that in a bit
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:21 pm

Ok that would be great? Is there anything I should do for my character other than the things you mentioned?
Admin Of God
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:21 pm

not right now i will get a character sheet for you so you have the rest and i will work with you one on one to finish i need to type it out from the manual i will try to have all that up tonight.
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:42 pm

These rules are a guideline for the narrator (me) who may bend break or discard them at (my) discretion to facilitate the players enjoyment of the game.
to create a character start with a vague idea of what and how you want it to be. remember this: YOUR CHARACTER WILL NEVER BE AS YOU FIRST ENVISIONED IT. it is up to you to develop it based on what you have to work with. develop you personality ect.. give your characters flaws as well as virtues. make it a saint or sinner.
player are going to have access to information that their character does not. a player must be able to not act on that knowledge. in other words leave out of game knowledge out of game.

the year 5296 and the human species has spread across half the galaxy. thousands of worlds linked together into a single vast empire by nil-space portals(ports) the Galactic United Republic encompasses the whole of humanity in the cradle of peace and prosperity. Longevity drugs have increased the lifespan of the average man well past 200 years. space travel is the province of leisure. and thanks to robots and AI's people have no want for the necessities in life. a man can go from cradle to grave without ever facing hunger, cold or lifting a hand in his or anothers service. but this is not to say that he will have all the pleasures of life either.

notable events in history:
year 2368 faster than light drives are invented by Fredrick Montoya. faster than light drives become a real possibility with the new engines. but as with the sound and g-force barriers ships and people are unable to survive the breaking of the barrier without protection from it. the fundamental problem is that when speed of light is exceeded light becomes more solid and at greater speeds it becomes a wall.

year 2395 light bending hull plating is developed. allowing ships to punch through the light barrier and opens up faster than light travel.

2400 widespread exploration of the human race. man discovers that he is the only space faring race. ( there are other races though just not space faring) those races he could not control completely he eliminated. for even though humans are the masters of space if you take away the tools and posturing man is still afraid of the dark.

3561 nil space ports are invented
4495 the establishment of the Galactic United Repbublic.

5296 present day.....
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:47 pm

other things to consider
always nice to have a doctor in the house.
be creative
other jobs:
athletics. anything from aerobics to wrestling.
artisan: horticulture glass working ect...
artistic expression: acting cooking dancing ect..
military
computer operations expert.
driver pilot
engineer
scientist

i will be helping you with skills for your character based on what you want for a job. some others will come into effect later.
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:11 pm

ok i am posting a sheet and instructions on things to fill out to help you during the game:
also i will post my characters sheet so you know him and get an idea on how to fill this out:

Name

physical Profile:

height:
weight:
length:(dont fill yet)
wingspan(dont fill yet)

attributes ( roll 4 six sided dice discard lowest add together for attribute score max being 18: reroll ones) http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20040517a for a dice roller or wizards.com/dnd and search for a dice roller you will find it
strength: (str)
raw physical power: muscle mass density and over all strength
dexterity: (dex)
agility speed and fine motor control
constitution: (con)
overall health and resilience to physical damage. endurance
intelligence:(int)
mental dexterity
willpower:(will)
mental strength
charisma(cha)
social compatibility and influencing those around you
senses:

innate abilities and mutations(fill out later you will know when)
skills: ( i will help you here)
general info.
stats:
HP(hit points)roll 1, 4sided dice(d4) per constitution point:
neg HP= your constitution score( you reach zero in battle you die)
PP(power points): con x will mods:
reaction modifier: dex + int mods:
resistance modifier: str + con mods
perception modifier sense + intel:
stealth mod dex + int
initiative mod sense + dex
DR(defense rating) 10+dex for unarmed ( i will help you later when armor applies)
MD ( mental defense) 10+will+cha
presence: cha + social science skill or artistic expression skill ( if any, you might not chose to have these skills)
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:44 pm

note i will have some more skill points and a few higher things as my character is a level 2. yours will be level 1.
Name
Atreyu Heffernan

physical Profile:shoulder length flaming red hair green eyes, weathered sun beaten skin. toned and athletic from years in the military. 25 years old a 6 year veteran of several conflicts on alien soil.

height: 1.9 meters or 6'4 (average height for male is 1.9m to 2.1 meters or 6'4 to 7ft
females 1.7m to 1.9m or 5'8 to 6'4)
weight:120 kg or 265 lbs (average weight males 105kg to 140 kg or 230lbs to 310 lbs, female 55kg to 75 kg or 120lbs to 160lbs)
length:
wingspan:

attributes. roll your scores and put them where you want them.
modifiers 1= -5 mod,
2=-4 mod
3=-3mod
4,5=-2mod
6-8=-1 mod
9-12 = 0 mod
13-15= +1 mod
16-17=+2 mod
18=+3 mod

strength: (str)17
dexterity: (dex)16
constitution: (con)15
intelligence:(int)18
willpower:(will)15
charisma(cha)14
senses:17

i had great scores yours might not be this hight dont worry average is between 9 and 12. 13 - 15 your talented and 16 17 gifted and your blessed at 18
innate abilities and mutations

skills: you start with 5 points to spend for skills 1 point = 1 level in that skill. you get 5 points added per level. thats why i have more skill points than you.
combat unarmed level 3
predator level 4
theft level 3
note all skill checks are a roll of a 10sided dice + skill level + the modifier applying to ability ( i will have to let you know as I know your skills)

general info. an elite special forces operative trained in the ways of stealth, a natural killer. has left the spoiled pampered ways of society behind favors wide open spaces forests ect...

stats: make sure you use your attribute modifiers not your attribute scores!

HP(hit points) 44
neg HP 15
PP(power points): 1
reaction modifier: 5
resistance modifier:3
perception modifier:8
stealth mod: 5
initiative mod:4
DR(defense rating) 10+dex mod. 12( i will help you later when armor applies)
MD ( mental defense) 10+will+cha 12
presence: cha + social science skill or artistic expression skill ( if any, you might not chose to have these skills):1
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm

I will try and make my character by thursday. It sounds really fun:)
Admin Of God
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:22 pm

opps i made a mistake but my stealth mod on my character is 8 not 5 because theft skill applys to this as well and i have a theft skill level of 3
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:27 am

due to medical drugs and what not even at 180 to 220 health isnt an issue no one gets sick as the get older now also the common cold is not common anymore being sick is rare but not unheard of and medicaly not a problem

thats fine just make sure your age reflects that like my character is 25 he is very young considering that the average life span is 200

remember to chose an age that reflects your characters job. and no limit on jobs be creative
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:19 am

common phrases i will use:
Link:a microcomputer and visual/audio interface communications device. it uses the cell pathways of the body to connect with bracelet displays, touch plates and weapons targeting systems they come in an infinite variety of styles but all contain 2 basic components the computer and the cornea projector. the computer is a 2 to 3 cm disk array containing a bioconverter unit the unit has self adhering capabilities and is normally worn on the side of the head close to the temple or ear. connected to the computer by a filament is the cornea projector. it can sit high on the cheekbone at the corner of the eye or can be part of a flip down antique lever design. capable of transmitting semi transparent images into the eye and can also read retina, thermal and blood pressure patterns and track eye movement for identification and interfacing.

bracelet display: a stand alone or complementary device to a link. 2 main components the bracelet and projection units.
bracelet holds a basic computer and connected to it are 5 projectors worn on fingertips as false nails rings ect.. run by a bioconverter unit. unit can connect with touchplates to any computer system. and networked with a link.

bioconverter unit: draws energy from the subject to run a device. energy is restored by eating.
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

"mutant" the game Empty My character

Post by Mandorin Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:37 am

Yo, heres my character sheet for you to check for me. This sounds good, count me in.

Name: Rathien Arkeen

physical Profile: Toned and heavily built, pale skin from lengthy tours on sun starved agri worlds and naval duties. Chest length straight black hair, dark stubble and neatly trimmed beard. Ice blue eyes. Livid scar running from right cheek bone to jaw bone.
Tribal tattoos across upper right arm, black and vine like.
Unit tattoos across left upper arm, Martial rank brands across chest muscles.
Rarely smiles, soft spoken, but pleasant enough when engaged in conversation.

height: 6’3
weight: 290 lbs
wingspan(dont fill yet)

attributes

strength: (str) 17

dexterity: (dex) 15

constitution: (con) 15

intelligence:(int) 14

willpower:(will) 15

charisma(cha) 12

senses: 14
innate abilities and mutations(fill out later you will know when)

skills:
Combat Unarmed: 4
Combat armed/Long sword: 1

General info: 70 years old, Rathien endured the hardships of military life for twenty years, gifted a comission in the exclusive house Zephor praetorians, he served in the thick of several campaigns fighting in far flung corners upholding Zephor honour, as such he is well versed in exotic and various weaponry and tech armour.
After several commendations and citations, his unit was abandoned by a weak superior officer and was almost massacred in an urban ambush.
Left for dead the survivors of his unit scattered, takign their precious praetoria armour with them and seeking solace in themselves.
Rathien himself sought refuge in a dark temple of anceint martial masters, immersing himself in their neo buddhist lifestyle and rigorous martial arts. Emerging ten years later he seeks to make a new life, and seek the estranged remnants of his lost platoon, a master of the temples warrior art, and a master of his new body and soul, he seeks redemption.

stats:
HP: 51
neg HP= 15
PP(power points): 1
reaction modifier: 2
resistance modifier: 3
perception modifier: 2
stealth mod 2
initiative mod 2
DR(defense rating) 11
MD ( mental defense) 11
presence: 0
Mandorin
Mandorin
Noob

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

"mutant" the game Empty Chapter one: it starts

Post by fire_elf20 Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:41 am

Sliding into his booth Atreyu Heffernan makes sure his bulky black cloak is pulled tight and his hood is up to shadow his face from unwanted company.
watching his target on the other side of the room drinking his way through several cups of some reddish liquid.
"good at least he wont be completely on guard tonight"
as he sits waiting and watching he uses his bracelet to surf the local news casts, catching snippets as he scans through, the sound transmitted directly into his inner ear through his link.

“In the past month we have been seeing failures in the Nil-Port Network (NPN)
Leading scientists have proposed a theory today as to what might be causing these failures

“It is simply that the NPN has reached its functional limit, or put another way there are only so many subspace pathways possible within a given area” says researcher Nuno Santos.

"wonderful just what need problems traveling" Atreyu thinks.
his target gets uncertainly to his feet leaving his entourage behind.
"time to go to work" rising up Atreyu follows...
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Of God Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:01 am

Character for “Mutant”

Name: Acriena Angelus

physical Profile: Mid-back length purple hair, silver eyes. Light brown skin, Toned/Muscular and athletic from years of engineering(with computers and other such things).

height: 1.7 meters
weight: 55kg
wingspan(dont fill yet)

attributes
strength: (str) 15+1
dexterity: (dex)18+3
constitution: (con)11+0
intelligence:(int)15+1
willpower:(will)17+2
charisma(cha)9+0
senses:19+3 (+4 for mutation)

innate abilities and mutations:
skills:
general info.
stats:
HP(hit points): 25
PP(power points): 0
reaction modifier: 3
resistance modifier: 1
perception modifier: 3
stealth mod: 4
initiative mod: 4
DR(defense rating) 10+dex for unarmed+4(mutation): 17
MD ( mental defense) 10+will+cha: 12
presence: cha + social science skill or artistic expression skill ( if any, you might not chose to have these skills): 0

Combat Unarmed: Lv.1
Combat armed(weapon still unknown): Lv.1
Surgery: Lv.1
Heal: Lv.1
Navigation:
Ambidextrous: Lv.1
Linguistics:
Master Gunner:
Super Numerate:
Night Vision(Natural ability)

General Info: Acriena was found at a young age abandoned, and broken. Taken to the nearest Medical Facility, and had a minor operation. Amazed by how these people had save her, she decided to become a doctor herself. About 15 years later around age 20, Acriena was the youngest doctor to have been admitted to the field.
During her teen years Acriena also loved to fiddle with computers and engines. During her life with one of the doctors that adopted her, she built her own engine and was a master hacker at the age of 16. Some would say Acriena is a prodigy, in these areas she is. She got one of the best educations in the world for her love of medicine, and technology. Acriena is also very knowledge in various languages.

Acriena:
When you wake up from the sickness you notice:
you are covered in thick wolfs fur growing out of every inch of you giving you a +1 DR (don’t forget to modify that in your records of you character) second you notice you are now centaurian with your bottom half being a wolf, also under you fur you don’t feel skin you feel an exoskeleton (+3 DR), you notice when in the light you don’t need to eat as you now have photosynthetic skin (you eat like a plant) your sense of smell is now outstanding you can smell people and identify them by the scent and tracking is easy, and you can see in a form of night vision in the dark add +4 to your senses stat.

Last edited by on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin Of God
Admin Of God
Council Mechanic
Council Mechanic

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by fire_elf20 Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:55 pm

looks good i like both of your characters so far and i have started the story so feel free to join in
fire_elf20
fire_elf20
Admin

Character sheet
Fantasy:
Sci-fi:
Wild:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content